June 2017

Posted by: | Posted on: October 5, 2015

Welcome to Nell Gwynn Nursery

At Nell Gwynn  and Ann Bernadt Nurseries we create safe, nurturing environments where everyone is known and valued and where needs are acknowledged, accepted and met. We are dynamic schools with an inclusive ethos which ensures there are consistently high expectations for all.

The sunny weather looks like it’s on the way again, please don’t forget the sunscreen

Click for more information…

Healthier Baking

“We have been talking about how we need to eat nutritious food in order to remain healthy. We realised that we shouldn’t bake cake every time the mood takes us but that we might try baking something else. We have made so much progress in our mathematical learning through baking that we decided to try soda bread. We looked up a recipe on the tablet, bought the ingredients from the shop and helped each other produce this delicious loaf. Would you like the recipe?”

Summer Term 2017

This term at Nell Gwynn we will be:

*   Visited by Surrey Docks Farm

*   Continuing the early reading project with St. Mary Magdalene Primary School

*   Preparing children for transition to Primary School

*   Learning about pond life through visits to a local pond

*   Finding out about Forest School and outdoor learning in Sweden through 12

staff visiting  Swedish nurseries in half-term

*    Participating in ‘Take One Picture’ at the National Gallery

*   Learning songs and rhymes in Mandarin through Little Mandarin classes

*   Getting ready for our Nell Gwynn Carnival

Growing at Nell Gwynn

We actively encourage you to come in and get involved with growing activities. It would be great to see a wider variety of plants growing in our gardens and there will be opportunities for children to plant individual pots which can then be taken home. Please get involved and ask staff for further information.

Mandarin Classes at Nell Gwynn

To find out more about Mandarin at Nell Gwynn, click on the image…

A fun way to learn Mandarin Chinese at Nell Gwynn

Safeguarding                           Tales Toolkit                      Online Safety

For videos, downloads, and more, click on the image…

To find out more about Tales Toolkit, click on the image…

For more information on Online Safety, click on the image…

Grapevine Newsletter

Download the newsletter!!

It’s Great to be Two!!!Summer Term 2017

3 Comments to June 2017

1. p says:

“The massage was a really fantastic experience. How I wish they could organise one for parents only. It was such a good experience. Sometimes as parents such services are not in our reach due to a busy schedule. So, my thought would be organising one for benefit of the parents as well. Thank you.”

2. Said's mum says:

I love participating and making things for my son and even more if these things are to help him with his learning. This handicrafts help me a lot to be in contact with my son and discover more things that he likes. I really enjoy these things that they are doing in Nell Gwynn nursery. All these things, I have seen I’ve never seen it in any other nursery. I’ve got two granddaughters that go to other settings and I’ve never seen such things. I congratulate people who work, the staff who work and facilitate the learning of the children. Sandra, Said’s Mum

3. Daniel's mum Leidy says:

Very good. The learning for us, the parents, because we need to learn to be able to teach our children. I wish their would be more activities to learn. I’m very willing to attend them and to learn to teach my son. Thank you for your patience and teaching. Daniel’s mum, Leidy.