October 2017

Posted by: | Posted on: October 5, 2015

Welcome to Nell Gwynn Nursery

At Nell Gwynn  and Ann Bernadt Nurseries we create safe, nurturing environments where everyone is known and valued and where needs are acknowledged, accepted and met. We are dynamic schools with an inclusive ethos which ensures there are consistently high expectations for all.

Meeting House Lane Safety Group       

Carnival 2017

Click on the image to watch our video…

On Thursday 13th July 2017, Nell Gwynn Nursery School opened its doors to parents, carers and children of the local community for its annual Summer Carnival.

The Carnival offered some amazing food cooked in house by our chef Ruth and Fatima, some incredible steel drum, brass band and African drum music by our visitors from Dog Kennel Hill Primary School, face painting, henna designs, Salsa and Creole dancing and much, much more.

The weather stayed bright for us, which was the icing on the cake to create yet another fantastic day of fun and entertainment for the great people of our community.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank our visitors and guest musicians for helping to make our 2017 Summer Carnival a truly incredible experience for all.

Healthier Baking

“We have been talking about how we need to eat nutritious food in order to remain healthy. We realised that we shouldn’t bake cake every time the mood takes us but that we might try baking something else. We have made so much progress in our mathematical learning through baking that we decided to try soda bread. We looked up a recipe on the tablet, bought the ingredients from the shop and helped each other produce this delicious loaf. Would you like the recipe?”

Safeguarding                           Tales Toolkit                      Online Safety

For videos, downloads, and more, click on the image…

To find out more about Tales Toolkit, click on the image…

For more information on Online Safety, click on the image…

Grapevine Newsletter

Download the newsletter!!

3 Comments to October 2017

1. p says:

“The massage was a really fantastic experience. How I wish they could organise one for parents only. It was such a good experience. Sometimes as parents such services are not in our reach due to a busy schedule. So, my thought would be organising one for benefit of the parents as well. Thank you.”

2. Said's mum says:

I love participating and making things for my son and even more if these things are to help him with his learning. This handicrafts help me a lot to be in contact with my son and discover more things that he likes. I really enjoy these things that they are doing in Nell Gwynn nursery. All these things, I have seen I’ve never seen it in any other nursery. I’ve got two granddaughters that go to other settings and I’ve never seen such things. I congratulate people who work, the staff who work and facilitate the learning of the children. Sandra, Said’s Mum

3. Daniel's mum Leidy says:

Very good. The learning for us, the parents, because we need to learn to be able to teach our children. I wish their would be more activities to learn. I’m very willing to attend them and to learn to teach my son. Thank you for your patience and teaching. Daniel’s mum, Leidy.