Nell Gwynn and Ann Bernadt Federated Nurseries
“Play is the highest form of research”
At Nell Gwynn and Ann Bernadt Nurseries we create safe, nurturing environments where everyone is known and valued and where needs are acknowledged, accepted and met. We are dynamic schools with an inclusive ethos which ensures there are consistently high expectations for all. In particular we celebrate the primacy of the parent as the enduring educator. We support and enable children and families to develop dispositions to be lifelong learners. Our focus is on building successful learning communities where all stakeholders have a role to play including, children, staff, families and Governors.
“Education is neither Eastern nor Western. It is human”
At Nell Gwynn and Ann Bernadt Nurseries we actively promote the universal values of democracy, the rules of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths or beliefs. We believe, for very young children this means learning to distinguish between and be guided by right from wrong, learning to take turns and share and develop feelings of empathy for others. We empower children to stand up for their rights and the rights of others whilst challenging negative views and stereotypes.
Our mission is to work together as a Federation of Nursery Schools sharing one voice with one goal of excellence for our children.
At Nell Gwynn and Ann Bernadt Nurseries we aim to:
- Enable children to become independent learners who value learning with and from others, by giving children time to reflect, practice and learn with no sense of failure
- Provide a high quality, engaging and challenging curriculum based on the Early Years Foundation Stage whilst taking account of children’s own interests and using these to ignite a passion for learning
- Provide safe, secure and stimulating environments where children are valued as individuals
- Foster high levels of independence, curiosity, creativity and resilience
- Provide respectful, trusting and effective relationships which display emotional warmth.
- Create environments where differences and similarities are celebrated